2.4. Did You Know?
THIS NAME by which the New Testament Messiah was known was –
PRONOUNCED: “YAHOO’ SHOE ‘AH”
MEANING: “YHVH Saviour” or “YHVH Redeemer”
YHVH being the transliterated English version of the Original Hebrew Tetragrammaton for the Sacred Name of the Creator God, as used in the original Hebrew Scriptures (click here for further information on The Sacred Names)
Click on ‘Play’ arrow > below for audio pronunciation
YAH or YAHU
More about the Sacred Names you may never have heard…?
- THAT the Name of the Most High (viz. YHVH) had been completely removed from the Old Testament Scriptures when it was translated from the original in the Hebrew Tanach, where it appeared no less than 7000 times – and still appears to this day! These translators replaced the Sacred Name of the Most High with a mere Title viz. “LORD” (all in capitals) in most modern Bibles. The New Testament translators followed the same route and replaced the Sacred Name of God, YHVH, with the Greek word ‘Kyrios’, also meaning ‘Lord’. For more information, click here – The Sacred Names
- THAT Messiah claims (in John chap. 17) to have revealed the Name of the Most High (YHVH), the Name also given unto Himself (John 17:11,12 – Std. Revised, Rotherham, Moffat, Weymouth, New Afrikaans version).
- THAT the Hebrew Inscription above Messiah’s Torture Stake confirmed the Sacred Name of God. The acronym formed from the initial letters of the four words of this Inscription, spells YHVH – which is the Sacred Name of the Creator God of Israel, as it appears in the Torah Scriptures. This Inscription read: “Y‘Shua HaMaschiach Ve’Melech HaYehudim” (“Y’Shua the Messiah and King of the Jews”)
- THAT the True Name of Messiah viz. YAHU’SHUAH, (other recognised versions are: YESHUA, JESHUA, JOSHUA, Y’SHUA, YAHOSHUA, etc., which are simply phonetical variations of the same Hebrew Name. refer – Notes on The Sacred Names), appears many times in the original transcription of the Old Testament, but was similarly REPLACED (or translated) by translators with words giving its MEANING in stead, viz. Salvation, Redeemer, Help, Grace, etc. Whenever this Name appeared as referring to Messiah, the translators (probably ignorantly) rendered its MEANING, rather than as a Personal Name for the Saviour. Yet, where the very same Hebrew word referred to the NAME of some ordinary Israelite, they would retain it! For example, the complete 6th Book of the Bible, JOSHUA. In other Scriptures, the very same Hebrew letters have been retained as “JESHUA” – Please check your Bible at the following few selected scriptures: I Chron. 24:11; Ezra 2:2, 36 and 40; Neh. 7:7, 39 and 43, Neh. 8:17. There are many more similar instances in the Bible. Will you continue to ignore such blatant inconsistencies? – or will you join the mass movement across the world, to restore the Original Scared Name of God, our Saviour and Coming King?
- That the name of a pagan idol was used with which to supplant the original Hebrew Name of Messiah in the New Testament. This was done through a gradual process of identifying the attributes of the pagan sungod Zeus, with that of the Hebrew Messiah, by early converts from Roman paganism to Christianity. Through the efforts and influence of Roman Emperor Constantine, himself a Zeus worshipper, the Greek Name ‘JEZEUS’ (translated “Jesus” in English and pronounced ‘Jezus’), was ultimately used in place of His True Name, YAHSHUAH. This popular pagan practice was also applied to other Biblical names, some of which are still retained in modern translations. For instance: The name of the prophet Elisha (meaning: God is saviour; correct Hebrew rendering: Eli ‘SHUA), is rendered EliSEUS in Luke 4:27 of the King James Version (meaning: MY GOD is ZEUS! Cross reference Bibles will link Luke 4:27 directly with the Old Testament Scripture which refers to Elisha. There was no prophet by the name of ‘Eliseus’!
- THAT this TRUTH is sweeping the world! You simply have to check an Internet Search Engine for any of the many Sacred Name Restoration versions, to find many thousands of Web Sites proclaiming the Sacred Names. Will you check with an open mind and a humble teachable spirit, or will you choose to stubbornly cling to human traditions steeped in ancient paganism?
And even More that you may never have known about His ONLY Name…?
- THAT YAHU’SHUAH is the ONLY Name under Heaven given unto men whereby we must be saved, Acts 4:12
- THAT YAHU’SHUAH is the ONLY Saviour Unto Eternal Life: Hosea 13:4, Isa. 43:3 and 11; 44:6; 45:22; Luke 2:11; Mal. 3:1 etc. etc.
- THAT YAHU’SHUAH of the New Testament is YHVH of the Old Testament: Zech. 12:10; Mal. 3:1; John 1:45 and 5:46; 1 Cor. 10:9; Ps. 78:56 and 35; Hebr. 11:23-26; etc.
But. here is The Supreme Truth that the Sacred Name Reveals about The ONLY TUE GOD…
YAHU’SHUAH IS THE ”ETERNAL MOST HIGH ” ‘God’ – (as He is generally known) i.e. There is NO ONE above Him.
Ex. 20:1-3; Jo. 20:27,28; Rev. 1:7,8.17,18 with Zech. 12:10; Isa. 43:10, 11;
Isa. 44:6; 1Tim. 1:17 with Jude 24, 25; 1 John 5:20; Rom. 9:5; 1Cor. 15:47:
Isa. 40:3-5; Acts 20:28; Gen. 15:1,2 with John 1:1,14; Isa. 45:22,23 with Rom. 15:9-11; Phil 2:10.
YAHU’SHUAH IS THE RULER OF THE WHOLE LIMITLESS UNIVERSE
Ps. 146:10; Col. 2:9,10; Ezek. 1:26-28 with Rev. 1:12-18; Ps. 66:7; Dan. 2:44; Dan. 7:13,14,27; Eph. 1:20-23; Rev. 11:15; Philip. 2:10; Col. 1:17;
1Tim. 6:14-16; Deut. 10:17.
YAHU’SHUAH IS THE FUTURE AND ETERNAL RULER OF THE WHOLE EARTH i.e. Rulership over all nations will be given unto Him.
Rev. 15:3,4; Rev. 12:5 and 19:15; Rev. 11:15.
YAHU’SHUAH IS THE CREATOR OF ALL
Isa. 37:16; 45:18; Jo. 1:1,3 and 10: Col. 1:14-17: Rev. 1:7,8 with Rev. 4:8-11.
YAHU’SHUAH IS THE SAVIOUR OF MANKIND
Matt. 1:21; Isa 43:10,11; 44:24; 47:4; Isa. 40:3-5; Isa. 52:10 with Isa. 53:1-12; Acts 10:43; Isa. 45:22,23 with Philip. 2:10.
YAHU’SHUAH WILL BE THE JUDGE IN THE SOON COMING JUDGMENT OF ALL THE EARTH
Ps. 50:6; Rom. 14:10; 2 Cor. 5:10; Matt. 25:31-46; Rev. 22:12 with Isa. 40:10;
YAHU’SHUAH IS THE KING OF ALL KINGS WHO ALONE IS IMMORTAL
Zech. 14:9; 1Tim. 6:14-16; Rev. 17:14; 19:16 with Deut. 10:17; Isa. 44:6;
YAHU’SHUAH IS THE HOLY SPIRIT
Jo. 4:24; 2 Cor. 3:16,17; 1 Cor. 15:45; Matt. 18:20.
YAHU’SHUAH IS THE EVERLASTING FATHER
Isa. 63:16; 1 Chron. 29: 10; Isa. 9:6; Mal. 2:10; Deut. 32:6; Jo. 14:8,9;
YAHU’SHUAH IS THE GREAT “I AM”
Ex. 3:14; Jo. 8:56-59; Jo. 8:24; Deut. 32:39; Jo, 18:5-8.
YAHU’SHUAH IS THE 1St, THE 2nd, THE 3rd . . . AND THE LAST, ALL IN ALL – EVERYTHING
Isa. 48:12; Isa. 44:6; Rev, 1:17; 2:8; Isa. 41:4. Rev 22 13.
YAHU’SHUAH IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD HIMSELF…
YAHU’SHUAH IS THE ONLY NAME UNDER HEAVEN GIVEN FOR OUR SALVATION Acts 4:12; Isa. 43:6,7; Acts 10:43; Jo. 8:24.
YOU SHOULD BE BAPTISED IN THE NAME OF YAHU’SHUAH FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS
Matt. 28:19 with Acts 2:38; 8:12; 10:48; 19:5; 22:16; Rom. 6:3; Isa. 43:6,7.
AND YAHU’SHUAH was the Son in His Incarnated Being
WHILE YAHU’SHUAH is the HOLY SPIRIT in his present post-
- YAHU’SHUAH was called the ‘Son of God’ or the ‘Son of Man’ in His Humanity, but in His Divinity He is the Everlasting FATHER, the Great Spirit. He therefore spoke of and prayed to His Father, because He became as man, by accepting a human form (1 Tim. 3:16). This does not annul the fact that He is the Almighty! As Human Being, in the flesh, Messiah could say that His Eternal Omnipresent Spirit (the ‘Father’) was ‘greater than Him’.
“LISTEN ISRAEL, YHVH OUR GOD, YHVH IS ONE!” Deut. 6:4; This is the FIRST and GREATEST Commandment of the Law, as confirmed by Messiah. Mark 12:29.
Thus the Trinity dogma of a ‘three Person God’ is completely unscriptural. This teaching was formulated during the fourth century after Messiah at the Council of Nicea, 325 C.E., which was specifically convened in order to settle the raging controversy about the Identity of the Messiah. This teaching was unknown to the First Messianic Congregation as brought forth by YAHU’SHUAH and His apostles.
Similarly, any other teaching insinuating a multilpicity of Beings, or a “compound unity”, or any teaching placing the Father ABOVE or making Him more important than YAHU’SHUAH HaMaschiach, is totally unscriptural. YAHU’SHUAH Himself confirmed:
Jo 8:24 “If you believe not that I AM HE, you will die in your sins.” He was referring to the “Great I AM” of Exod. 3:14 – YHVH, the Father!
MAY EVERYBODY KNOW WHO YAHU’SHUAH IS!